The Youth Bike Summit features and emphasizes youth-led keynote speakers, hands-on workshops, panel presentations, and many other opportunities for youth and adults to exchange ideas about what biking can mean for children, teens, families, schools, communities, and for our planet.
Hosted by Bike New York in Queens, New York City, on February 15 -17, 2019, this momentous national event also offers a dynamic, engaging, and thought-provoking visioning sessions where youth and adults working in communities near and far can articulate, share, and develop new ideas to bring back to their local communities. The Youth Bike Summit fosters an inclusive national dialogue that addresses the issues, rights, and concerns of youth cyclists.
Please consider participating by submitting proposals for presentations, panel discussions, interactive workshops, hands-on activities, film screenings, exhibitions, field trips, etc. Artistic pursuits and creative projects are highly encouraged. If you have another idea for a presentation format, let us know! Breakout sessions will be 45 minutes long. The deadline to apply is November 16, 2018.
- Workshops may address topics including cycling, youth, education, advocacy, political action, environmental justice, job training, economic development, planning, sustainable transportation, international bike cooperatives, recycled arts, management, fundraising strategies, best practices, or other topics related to bicycles and youth.
- Proposals for presentations, panel discussions, interactive workshops, hands-on activities, film screenings, exhibitions, field trips, etc. will all be considered. Artistic pursuits and creative projects are highly encouraged. If you have another idea for a presentation format, let us know!
- Breakout sessions will be 45 minutes long.
- Looking for inspiration? Check out past programs here.
- The Youth Bike Summit emphasizes youth leadership and participation. The U.N. defines ‘youth’, as those persons 24 years and younger. Please keep this in mind regarding the content and format of your proposal.
- Audience: Youth, Teens, College and Graduate Students, Educators, Advocates, Community Leaders, Activists, Bike Shop Representatives, Industry Leaders, Civil Servants, and Elected Officials
- The deadline to apply is December 7, 2018.
For questions email email@example.com